[Shiv Vihar, Delhi, 02/03/2023] – Miles2Smile is pleased to announce the inauguration of its Stitching Centre ‘TAHARAT’ for women victims of the 2020 Northeast Delhi Pogrom and other underprivileged women. The centre aims to offer these victims an opportunity for vocational training and skills development and to give them an option for a sustainable livelihood.
The centre will offer courses in stitching, nail art, and tailoring, among other vocational skills. The curriculum has been designed to cater to the needs of women from the underprivileged sections of society, enabling them to earn a living with dignity. The centre will provide them with the tools and resources they need to succeed in their chosen field, including training materials, equipment, and support from expert trainers.
The Stitching Centre is a result of Miles2Smile’s commitment to empowering women and creating opportunities for them. By offering vocational training and skill development, the centre aims to provide women with the necessary tools to become financially independent and support their families.
The launch event was attended by Miles2Smile’s Founder and Director, Mr Aasif Mujtaba, and well-known social activist, Mr Nadeem Khan, with other key members of the team, as well as local community leaders, and media teams.
Speaking at the event, the organization’s founder Mr Mujtaba said, “We are thrilled to launch our initiative ‘TAHARAT’, that will empower the women victims of the Delhi Pogrom to create a sustainable livelihood for themselves and their families.”
With the right skills and support, we believe these women can become agents of change in their communities.
Social activist Mr Nadeem Khan (L) with Mr Aasif Mujtaba (R), Founder & Director, Miles2Smile and Community leaders
Highlighting the significance, and the role of women historically and even in the future business world, Mr. Nadeem emphasized on the new ideas and innovation that women will bring to these positions, as well as their unique set of skills and competencies that can help in implementing effective change.
- Apart from tailoring skills, we will also provide training on Entrepreneurship Development, Personality Development, Small Business Accounting, Financial literacy, soft skills and health & hygiene which empowers these future women entrepreneurs to work more efficiently and sustainably.
The centre is equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and high-end sewing equipment to ensure efficiency and greater output in terms of production.
The women who complete the training at the centre will have the opportunity to work on the various projects of the organization, including producing garments for sale or contributing to the production of goods for other NGOs or businesses.
- Convert unskilled/semi-skilled rural and urban poor women into skilled artists (tailor)
- Provide skill-based training, regular monitoring and supervision to sustain livelihood/income generation activities.
- Build capacities of women to build their own income through taking job orders and teaching to other women as well.
- Promote and strengthen women’s financial knowledge by inculcating the habit of savings and enforcing credit discipline through intensive financial education.
For more information about Miles2Smile and its initiatives, please visit our website at miles2smile.org